Test Procedure & Interpretation
Use the nasopharyngeal swab supplied in the kit
1. Carefully insert the swab into the nostril of the patient, reaching the surface of posterior nasopharynx, that presents the most secretion under visual inspection.
2. Swab over the surface of the posterior nasopharynx. Rotate the swab several times.
3. Withdraw the swab from the nasal cavity.
1. Insert the test extraction tube into the workstation in this product. Make sure that the tube is standing firm and reaches the bottom of the workstation.
2. Add 0.3 mL (about 10 drops) of the sample extraction buffer into the extraction tube.
3. Insert the swab into the extraction tube which contains 0.3 mLof the extraction buffer. Roll the swab at least 6 times while pressing the head against the bottom and side of the extraction tube.
4. Leave the swab in the extraction tube for 1 minute.
5. Squeeze the tube several times with fingers from outside of the tube to immerse the swab. Remove the swab. The extracted solution will be used as test sample.
6. Fit the dropper tip with filter on top of the extraction tube tightly.
Test procedure & interpretation of results